Monday 3 November 2014

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly, and then all at once"

Simple As This - Jake Bugg
The Fault In Our Stars Soundtrack (Full)

Okie Dokie Boys and Girls, I have had a fluctuation in my moods today, first half of the day was really good then the next half was pretty shit, but that's OK because that happens from time to time and we get over it and move on. Now I didn't pick this quote because I am in love, although have you see Jack Barakat? OK so moving on to what the post is really about. TODAY IS THE DAY! The Fault In Our Stars is FINALLY out on DVD and I obviously wanted the best one. so I got the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital copy well eventually, after an upset with amazon and trying to blame my bank and yadda yadda yadda *negative crap.*  

Today I am not going to be negative, this is a sad film and an even more upsetting book. (You know because they tell more in the book.) So I am going to do the polar opposite of this book and be really positive... believe me ask Lily how hard that used to be fore me. For the most part it still is. But 'Keep Moving forward' (little bit of a Disney quote in there coz I can) [Meet the Robinsons/Walt Disney if you didn't know). ANYWAY. I know you will listen to the song and be like 'What the Hell Ryon?' I know it's not the most positive as songs, but hey it's making me positive, but I have put a link to the whole sound track so you can choose your own positive song. OR you may already know your positivity song... I sure as hell do. I have 2. one is Who We Are by Paradise fears and the one that made me feel safe and calm is Stand Up by Yashin. 

Basically because I have pretty much had a bad day I am wanting to do a positive post to cheer me up mainly, this is a fairly easy week with it being TFIOS week. I have already collaborated with Emily so she will probably be talking about the book and well I have ideas that Hazel could do, well one really but I will tell her that tomorrow. Or you know tonight on facebook. I wont say my idea because it's her blog post and if she doesn't want to do that idea then it's her choice. 

I did ask for John Green's input on this blog post, to get him to choose this week's quote from his book, but he didn't answer... well he has been busy with Paper Towns Movie and probably other things so you cant really blame him. 

As I said this is a positive post with a sad subject. this weeks CHALLENGE is to be positive, you don't have to talk about the quote, talk about something that you are passionate about. Or that you love very, very much. For Me I have done that, I have spoken about the music, I have spoken about the film, the book, the author, all of these I love dearly and it makes me happier knowing that I can get behind something and be positive about it. SO there you cou guys just be POSITIVE. That's all I ask... we can be negative other weeks.

OK on a more serious note, this film/book is about cancer... now I did plan to stop posting this in November, but I feel if I don't do it I will have the guilt hanging over me. I gave up alcohol for a whole month (not that I missed it all that much... yeah there were times) for MacMillan Cancer support. My link to my Go Sober page is in other Monday blog posts, so you can donate there... or straight to MacMillan. Or to other Cancer Charities. I feel like if I didn't put this you would feel like I am completely missing the point. I mean giving to charity in general is good but I feel because of the subject of the book, cancer ones need a little more recognition for this subject. But you go donate to any charity you want.

Anyway that's mine, over for another week.

Lots Of Love
Ryon
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment