Tuesday 4 November 2014

Staying Positive

Hello again, and welcome to another installment of Off Topic Tuesday! Can I just start by saying IT'S ONLY 50 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! WAHOO. You know, the first thing I just thought of when typing that was 'I can only imagine all the chocolate I am going to be eating'... Oh dear Lily...

Anway, this week Ryon has set the challenge to BE POSITIVE. Christmas is something that is keeping my spirits high and my negativity low. I know that Christmas isn't particularly a good time for everyone, or maybe some people just don't really see it as a big deal. However, I love Christmas as, for me, it is all about family and spending quality time with loved ones. 

This year I have got enough money to actually buy people presents! How excited, eh? Aha. I know Christmas isn't about presents or money but it is nice to be able to spoil those that you care about every so often. I want to show my appreciation to my family and friends. I also think that its the giving that counts. It doesn't matter what you give to someone, its about the time you spend picking it out; asking pretty obvious questions such as 'what size shoe are you?' and 'what's your favourite colour?'... and 'how do you spell Converse?' aha. 

Enough jibber jabber about Christmas. Lets talk about staying positive. I just finished watching a video on YouTube of the Pixiwoo sisters (Sam and Nic) talking to Jordan Bone. The basis of the video is about staying positive in whatever situation you are in (watch it here). Jordan talks a little about her condition and how she came to be Tetraplegic. I was really inspired by this video because sat on the other side of my computer screen was a beautiful woman that was happy, bubbly, full of life and happiness even though she has been through so much in her life. She kept saying that we each only have one life (unless you believe in reincarnation) and we can't dwell on things that have happened in the past otherwise we'll waste the time we have left being miserable. It really opened my eyes to the fact that I have spend a good portion of my life so far moaning about things I'm unhappy about or things I dislike about myself... and for what? What good has come out of my moaning? I'll tell you; no good! Nothing I have ever grumbled has benefited me in any way what so ever. Therefore I am going to try my hardest to see the positives from now on and whenever I feel myself getting even just a little tetchy I am going to take some deep breaths and (fingers crossed) calm down. I mean, how hard can it be... right?

I am going to another video that Jordan talked about her story in and also her YouTube channel. I hope you find her as inspirational as I do. 


Until next time;
Over and out, 
Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment