Monday 10 November 2014

Shoulder to shoulder with all who serve

Mad World - Gary Jules and Michael Andrews

Hey Folks!

It's Ryon again, and yes it's another Monday. This isn't just any week, this week is remembrance week. Tomorrow is the 11th of November, and here in the UK we take a moment on this day to remember those who fought in the first world war. That is what the poppy appeal is about and every year without fail, my family support this appeal, a tradition that I hope to do with my children every year. I don't know how people in other countries support this, or even if they do, but each year, I like to take a minute or two out of my time and think about those who have served in previous wars and those fighting for my country today. Because if you think about it, even if you don't agree with the cause of the Wars, there are still people out there willing enough and patriotic enough to put their life on the line for their country. 

Now as for the song choice, I just love this song. And I agree with what it states, that this is indeed a mad world. But it's also a world that we have to live in, whether you think that it is mad as in crazy or mad as in angry, this is the world we live in... and to be honest I have lost what I was saying. So let's talk more about World War 1.

I remember first learning about trench warfare in year 9. To get the point across to students, a bunch of 13-14 year olds, our teach felt the need to swear. She was trying to get us to understand how scared these trench soldiers were, it was effective to say the least, well at least to get most of the kids in my class to marvel at the wonder that was a teacher swearing. However for me it did hit home. Now as sadistic as it may sound I love learning about war. It's just a subject that interests me, I don't know why, but I know I am not alone in my passion for history such as this. Though I don't like learning about the current war, but I suppose in years to come it may indeed be a distant memory and will be worth a trip to a museum or two. As I was saying, the Great Wars have always been something I ave been interested in learning about and this term my course have been lucky enough to take pictures at Bletchley park, which is where the code breaking happened, which won us the second war. So as well as taking pictures, I learnt a bit more about the second world war.

So that is my introduction to this week. and this weeks CHALLENGE is talk about your favourite war film... and NOT the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas... that film is over played and an obvious choice.

My favourite war film is Behind The Lines which is a film that is based on the book 'Regeneration' which is probably my favourite war book, it's not so much about the fighting but the consequences that the fighting brought. It is set in a war asylum call Craiglockheart which is in Scotland. to me al though it isn't the best film it is still about one of my favourite books, and it has a good story behind it.

Ok guys and girls I am done.

Lots Of Love

Ryon 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment