Wednesday 19 November 2014

'We're all just stories in the end; Let's make it a good one.'

Right, ten minutes to midnight, will I make it? Probably not. Sorry. Uni work got ahead of me this week, and I was at the cinema watching The Imitation Game Which is fantastic, funny and heart wrenching. And true! 

Growing up in Milton Keynes, as I believe all of the bloggers here have (Though correct me if I am mistaken), it is hard to avoid the stories of the workers at Bletchely Park, the work which shortened the war by an estimated two years and founded the entire field of computer science. If you didn't go there on a school trip (one memory occurs of playing evacuees in year six) you might spot the formal apology for the way the genius Mr Turing was treated in the 1950s on the wall in the bookshop, or spot news of events there in the local paper, It's wonderful to have such fantastic history right on your doorstep and Benedict Cumberbatch brought Alan Turning to life in a wonderful manner. Of course it was talked about on a few occasions last week, so I won't go on too much about it too much, but as you may have guessed - and Rachael will certainly understand, history makes me excited.

For the challenge I picked a quote from Doctor Who; said by Matt Smith's 11th Doctor.

We're all just stories in the end. Let's make it a good one, eh?'
I love this quote. On a very basic level, it's meaning is the same as 'Yolo' or the far earlier 'Carpe Diem', the best stories are the interesting, well led lives. So, in my brief blog post for this week, I hope you are all inspired to be the best you can be, to enjoy yourselves and make the most of your lives!

My apologies for such a short, poorly thought out post this week and nothing about books, but it is gone midnight, and before I sleep I still have work to do for tomorrow. Though, honestly, I think I'm going to spend half an hour with music by Hudson Taylor, a cup of tea, some maryland cookies and a candle, because the top floor of my house smells of weed. Lush. 

'Night!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment