Friday 17 October 2014

Autumn Rissotto


Hey guys,
So this weeks quote is 'Why fit in when you were born to stand out', and I live by this quote. There are too many views on how people should look and behavior in today's society, but anyway I'm not here to preach I'm here I'm here to give you delicious recipes.
So this week I have been really busy (and ill) so I haven't been able to try something new this week, but I have a recipe I really want to try, and will be trying (hopefully) next week. SO....


Autumn Risotto


2tbsp olive oil                                                                          
Prep & cook time: 45mins    
1 small onion, chopped                                                           Difficulty: Easy
250g/9oz butternut squash (peeled & diced)                          CANNOT BE FROZEN
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1tbsp plucked rosemary, finely chopped or to taste
175g/6oz arborio rice
about 750g hot vegan stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper


To garnish: Sprigs of fresh rosemary.


  • Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan and cook the onion and butternut squash for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. 
  • Stir in garlic, rosemary and rice and mix well, coating in the juices from the pan. 
  • Add a ladle full of the hot stock to the rice and cook on a low heat until all the liquid has absorbed stirring frequently. Repeat until all the stock is used and the rice is creamy and tender, this will take about 20 minutes.
  • Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
  • Spoon into warmed bowls and serve garnished with sprigs of fresh rosemary.


Now hopefully next week I'll be able to tell you how I truly feel about this recipe, but I love risotto, so much :) and I love the autumn feel to it.

Okay, so this week we had a challenge from the lovely Ryan, where we had to change are post up a bit, so I've tried adding some colour to go with the autumn theme, and I've added some more photos. :)

Hope you like it, and if you try this recipe please let me know what you think of it, as I'm really looking forward to trying it!!!

Until next time, my Sweeties!
Love
Hazel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment